Saturday, September 10, 2016

one of the best gifts phil has given me is the time and space to figure things out for myself. He has been the SUNSHINE for so long....never pushed me or coaxed me to BE THE SUNSHINE.....he just did it, day after day.....week after month....years......NICE! finally, feeling the SUNSHINE myself.....

20 plus years of waking up to phil smiling and greeting me with, "good morning, sunshine!" and its just now occurring to me to BE THE SUNSHINE.

inspired by the paralympics last night, listening to the stories of parents and athletes, who are able pursue with such passion, excellence in sport and life, shifted my thoughts.  It just made me more hopeful, happier to be alive, grateful for what I have and quieted my brain and my emotions.  I feel happier and more eager to start the day, embrace the day, and BE THE SUNSHINE.

After a slow wake up and cuddle fest with franny and phil, off to make the coffee, spring in my step and ready to have a delightful day.....turn on my phone to get it "blowing up" with texts and updates.  a race report happening on the east coast....

my brother....being the sunshine.


Today's SUNSHINE REPORT brought to us from:
and 
my brother marlin!

how about THIS for SUNSHINE!!


and 

GRIT




yep.....!  

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest, most inspiring blog EVER. You ARE filled with sunshine and GRIT.

    Reminded me that GG's nickname was Grits at the Naval Academy. What a wonderful word -- Southern Power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didnt even think about it myself, until sunday when i was out riding my bike. thought the same thing...GRITS! who knew?? and i thought they were just a delightful concoction i had with breakfast every morning growing up.

      im wondering, maybe i can do a fusion thing mix the socal breakfast burrito with grits???

      maybe fry them like you used to and then put in the burrito instead of the fries?

      Delete